Here's a great tool for testing DNS, Mail, SMTP, and similar environments to see if they are listening on certain ports across the internet. https://www.dnswonder.com/Tools/ With it, you can test: GET DNS RECORDS GET MX RECORDS GET PTR RECORDS GET SPF RECORDS GET BLACKHOLE LIST (RBL) GET SMTP SERVER TYPE TEST SMTP CONNECTIVITY TEST EMAIL DELIVERY TEST EXCHANGE SERVER TEST IMAP SERVER TEST ZIMBRA SERVER TEST REGULAR EXPRESSION ENCRYPT DATA Enjoy. … [Read more...] about Tools for Testing SMTP, DNS, other mail server types, and more
I made a script that does a few things: Gets all users that are enabled Creates a table, listing all the the users with a few account details I want Export the table to a .csv file with a unique name, appending the date the export happens Here's the whole thing. I'll explain what it does at the bottom: [crayon-5c16a4a07c1c6830925896/] Here's what it does: PowerShell, although powerful, is just a shell until we give it what it needs to interpret commands and expressions. In … [Read more...] about PowerShell – Export Enabled Users and other Data from Active Directory
I came across these and immediately had to reference them here for myself as well as for the sake of others who I know will benefit from them. From Outlook's website here: https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Learn-to-narrow-your-search-criteria-for-better-searches-in-Outlook-d824d1e9-a255-4c8a-8553-276fb895a8da Type this To find this bobby Items containing bobby, BOBBY, BoBby, or any other combination of uppercase and lowercase letters. Instant Search is not case … [Read more...] about Narrow down your searches in Outlook: A helpful guide.
I was getting this error and quickly found a solution, but I wanted to share this with folks, should they also get the error. If you're setting up an IMAP account, the first step will be to create the account, the next step will be to verify the settings. The verification will work, but the test email will fail, throwing this error: The Server Responded 550 Access Denied – Invalid HELO Name See RFC 2821 184.108.40.206 To fix this, make sure you're using SMTP. Here's how: When … [Read more...] about The Server Responded 550 Access Denied – Invalid HELO Name See RFC 2821 220.127.116.11
First things first. Here's where you can download everything: Office 2013 SP1 32-bit Office 2013 SP1 64-bit Exchange 2013 SP1 Project 2013 Server SP1 The Service Pack has been long awaited and long expected. I posted about the Service Pack when Microsoft blogged about it, then followed up again recently with notice that it still hadn't released yet, even though "early 2014" was running out. ZDNet was on top of the details regarding Outlook and Sharepoint Updates. Here's a list of … [Read more...] about Exchange, Sharepoint, Project, and Office 2013 SP1 Download Available
Here's how to fix an Outlook 2013 error you'll get after installing Lync: Was your install from the streamed install? Yeah, for some reason that stream isn't going to work for some versions of Outlook 2013. Install this version instead: (32-bit): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35451 (64-bit): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35450 That's all. I noticed this error after we created some Office 365 accounts and started using … [Read more...] about Lync: We’re sorry, but Outlook has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly.
UPDATE (3/4/2014): It's here! It's finally here! Links to downloads and KB's can be found here: http://danblee.com/exchange-sharepoint-project-and-office-2013-sp1-download-available/ UPDATE: No news, not so good news? There is still no set date for the release of SP1 just yet. "Early 2014" is still the best we've heard at this point. My latest post doesn't give much of an update. I'll be sure and keep the world posted. Microsoft announced the release of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for … [Read more...] about Microsoft to Release Outlook, Sharepoint, and Exchange 2013 SP1 in Early 2014
UPDATE: After SP1, this issue is gone, and all services can be run normally. There's a good chance this issue was fixed at CU3 as I'm seeing user feedback in posts I was following claim that CU3 fixed the problem. Either way, life is better on SP1. This issue looks to be specific to Microsoft Exchange 2013 CU1. My environment is running Server 2008 R2 on a Server 2008 R2 Domain Level. At the time of this post, there is no telling if CU2 fixes the issue. Issue: Here's what you'll see in … [Read more...] about Exchange 2013 RPC Client Access Service keeps restarting
Note: Some of these commands are specific to CU1 in Exchange 2013. Please make sure you have updated to CU1 before continuing: There are few things an administrator wants to take care of right when they begin to create shared room calendars. Here's my workflow for setting up Calendars in Exchange 2013. You'll see that some of the settings aren't different from Outlook 2010. Create the Distribution Group and assign it the role of Room List Add Calendar (Mailbox) to Room List Give Admin … [Read more...] about Exchange 2013: Shared Room Calendar Setup
You're going to get this error in later versions of Exchange because you allowed the TO field to auto-complete instead of choosing the name from the GAL. Clear out the TO field and only add people to the field using entries from the GAL. … [Read more...] about Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network.