OS: Windows 7
I recently purchased a new monitor and noticed when I open photos using the Microsoft Photo Viewer I got a nasty yellow tint on the photos. There’s a fix for this out there. Here’s the fastest steps to fix the issue:
- Hit your Windows Key (Or open Control Panel) and type Color Management to open the Color Management Window
- In the drop down, choose the display you’d like to fix the yellow tint issue with and check the box that says Use my settings for this device
- If there are no ICC profiles in the window, choose Add and pick the profile named SRGB IEC61966-2.1 (I just went down the list until one worked)
- Select the profile after it is added and choose to make it default
- Close out of everything and the Photo Viewer again. You should see the color is gone.
Most of the time this has to do with the color profile of your monitor not playing well with Windows. In the solution, we’re tell the computer to use a color profile that Windows understands.
There’s a fix for this at Microsoft’s Answers site that goes into a little more detail. My details worked for me.
I’d like to hear how this turns out for you, maybe there are faster ways to get this done.