Results-driven Sr. Systems Engineer with strong analytical and technical skills. Technical acumen developed through ten years of IT experience in Systems Management & Operations and Citrix & VMware Administration. Highly proficient and focused in areas of managing directives for Automation, Disaster Recovery, Network Scalability, High Availability, Replication, Security, and Compliance. Comfortable managing the full stack in a multi-site environment. Recognized for ability to build strong relationships between IT Operations and business units. Proven interpersonal communication skills; detail oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
Senior Systems Engineer for SyApps, LLC – Current
- Lead Infrastructure Architect for the foundation of MySecureDesktop (www.mysecuredesktop.com), a highly compliant multi-tenant true cloud based desktop and application delivery solution serving thousands of desktops.
- Directly responsible for site reliability and full stack site operations both internally and for clients (~1,200 users across 14 businesses). Responsibilities include managing Cisco\Fortinet based network backend, Citrix Management, VMware ESXi and vCenter environments, server deployment automation and maintenance, HP, EMC, and Nimble SAN storage provisioning and pairing, and server monitoring and deployment using Linux based tools such as SaltStack.
- Other duties include Technical Sales Engineer responsible assisting Business Development with new customer consulting, delivering business assessments, discovery process, and generating service agreements or RFP’s.
- Additional experience includes server deployment automation, Microsoft Exchange Tasks, Exchange 2013, Active Directory, Citrix Access Gateway Console, license and patch management tools, SharePoint Designer, website design, SSLVPN and IPSec tunnel management, Riverbed WAN Appliances, anti-virus and web filter solutions, Nimble SAN management, Linux based environment monitoring tools such Nagios, Panopta, and New Relic, SaltStack Automation for CloudOps, VMware API Tools, Git, and numerous Python libraries.
Network Administrator for MMA Financial – Previous
- Promoted from Helpdesk Support to Network Administrator after 1.5 years of employment.
- Notable accomplishments include sole responsibility for implementing first ever virtual machine infrastructure within company, consolidating 150+ physical servers to a handful of ESXi Servers, minimizing datacenter footprint, and designing DR and High Availability architecture across sites in and effort maximize compliance and efficiency.
- Aided in constructing the underlying architecture for a full scale Citrix XenApp environment which presented over a dozen production applications utilized by all business units.
- Responsibilities included automating the Server Maintenance and Deployment Process, Exchange and network account management, Citrix and VMware Support, Microsoft Product Support, website design as well as full support of many hosted internal financial applications such as Crystal Reports, Pipeline, FICS, Real Synergy, SAP, QuickBooks Pro, and in-house SQL based utilities.
MITx Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python. Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Exchange 2013. Updating Network Infrastructure & Active Directory Technology Skills to Windows Server 2008 R2. Installing Fortinet Routers and connecting offices using IP-Sec Tunnels. VMware vCenter Configure, Mange, and Install. Nimble Sales Professional.
- Florida Gulf Coast University: Accounting Undergraduate (2011-2012)
- St. Petersburg College: Associates Degree (May 2008)
I enjoy surfing, ultimate frisbee, soccer, kickball, and reading.
- You can find me now at Google+
- Send me a tweet – Tweet to @danblee
- Find me on LinkedIn
- Sorry, but facebook is private 🙂
You need a little help in order to take on the networking world and everything that comes with it on a daily basis. The internet has saved me many, many times over the course of the last decade. danblee.com is a way for me to give back to those who have helped me so much throughout the years. My posts are derived from questions which either took a while for me to find on the internet or questions which could not be answered on the internet at all. I hope my struggling to find answers leads to your searching success, should you find yourself here.
Please drop me a note, any time, if you have any comments, concerns, issues, or interests.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. – Robert Heinlein